Agony Shorthand


Tuesday, February 18, 2003
HOMOSEXUALS….if you check the comments of some of my recent posts, you’ll find that a couple of Agony Shorthand’s many, many readers are real excited about a late 1970s British DIY band called The Homosexuals. This is a band that I went through a serious punk rock record collecting phase without ever having heard of once, which of course now ups the ante even more. I do remember an interview in Ugly Things not too long back that I skimmed, but a few smarties – people you can trust -- like Tim E and City Hobgoblin are making some noise: they want this stuff on CD. I need to know why, or better yet, I need to hear from a contrarian who thinks this stuff is totally mediocre and overrated. (Or how about someone who has their entire discography & tapes of amazing demos, and has made it all into a CD-R they want to trade me?). Otherwise I might need to go off on one of my searches again…