Agony Shorthand


Tuesday, January 27, 2004
LOVE's "FOREVER CHANGES" TOUR.....Now that J. NEO MARVIN and I have got our mutual admiration society up and running, let me direct you to his review of the ARTHUR LEE & LOVE “Forever Changes” tour that’s passing through numerous American cities as we speak. Scroll down to his post dated Saturday, January 17th, 2004 2:22 PM PST and get the scoop, just over a week old. I thought long and hard about checking this show out, but I’ll admit to being an unworthy “Forever Changes” neophyte. I only got my copy within the past 12-15 months, and yeah, it’s as great as I’d so often heard. Every few years some “classic rock” group just clicks with me, forcing me to scramble to gather up the back catalog & try to justify to wiser rock veterans why their charms eluded me for so many years. In the early 1990s it was NEIL YOUNG, CREEDENCE, SYD BARRETT and early PINK FLOYD; later it was the STONES (who I always loved but only owned “Exile On Main Street” and “Beggars’ Banquet”, not the earliest ones – then I went berserk and bought everything); I’m still waiting on BOB DYLAN & THE DOORS (may never happen). But LOVE hit the sweet spot the past couple of years, and it’s great to hear confirmation that the (expensive) show was worth the time & cash….!