Agony Shorthand


Tuesday, September 28, 2004
LEARNING, GROWING, SHARING, DOWNLOADING TOGETHER.....As I look back over the grand arc of Agony Shorthand these past 20 months, I realize you and I have shared a lot of really, really “good times” together. In these 600 days, I’ve come to know you just a little bit better, and you, me. Together, we’ve learned a little something about music – and perhaps about ourselves. Here, in no particular order, are the twenty rock songs I’d never heard before this site debuted on February 5th, 2003, and which now mean more to me that sustenance itself. I encourage you to download them from your favorite paid MP3 site – or better yet, get them for free at the illegal site of your choice! :

1. THE KINKS : “Shangri-La”
2. GIRLS AT OUR BEST! : “Getting Nowhere Fast”
3. SPK : “Contact”
4. THE KINKS : “King Kong”
5. SHARON TANDY & FLEUR DE LYS : “Hold On”
6. CLOTHILDE : “Fallait pas écraser la queue du chat”
7. HACKAMORE BRICK : “Oh! Those Sweet Bananas”
8. IRON KNOWLEDGE : “Show Stopper”
9. SEEMS TWICE : entire EP
10. MAESTROS & DIPSOS : “Backslide”
11. MARS : “Helen Fordsdale”
12. JOHNNY PAYCHECK : “Motel Time Again”
13. ZODIAC KILLERS : “Kamikaze Attack”
14. REVEREND CHARLIE JACKSON : “God’s Got It”
15. THE CHARMERS : “Looking For Trouble”
16. THE FALL : “Hands Up Billy”
17. RUTTO : “Ma Vihaan”
18. MIKE REP AND THE QUOTAS : “Mama Was A Schtizo, Daddy Was a Vegetable Man”
19. BEYOND THE IMPLODE : “Midnight Adventures”
20. THE KIWI ANIMAL : “Time of the Leaves”