Agony Shorthand


Friday, September 24, 2004
SUPERDOPE BACK ISSUES, STILL TILLING SOIL IN THE GARAGE.....

We just went through a move a quarter-mile away from our old place, which upset the fragile balance of just about everything and also unearthed all those SUPERDOPEs I never thought to get rid of. As I said, last time I peddled a few of these via Agony Shorthand, Superdope was this music magazine I put together from 1990 to about 1998, focusing on many of the same topics/bands you see here -- probably a bit more reflective "of its time" than the nostalgic backward-looking paens of Agony Shorthand, but the spirit remains. In today's electronic age, it is easy for you to order the few copies I have sitting around, as long as you're set up on Paypal. Here's what I've got:

SUPERDOPE #8 -- A digest-sized issue from 1998 with a very long, multi-page article called "FORTY-FIVE 45s THAT MOVED HEAVEN & EARTH", featuring my summations & opinions of what I considered the best 7" records of all time. Featured bands include PERE UBU, THE CRAMPS, MC5, ELECTRIC EELS, GERMS, BAGS, FLESH EATERS, PAGANS and more. Kinda punk rock. There are also a large handful of reviews of records of the day. I'll let this go for $3 US, $4 US to Canada and $5 US to the rest of the world.

SUPERDOPE #7 -- Another small digest from 1994 with DOO RAG and VIRGINIA DARE interviews and a bunch of reviews. $3 US, $4 to Canada and $5 to rest of world.

SUPERDOPE #6 -- A much larger, full-sized issue from 1993 (pictured above), featuring interviews with COME, DADAMAH, DON HOWLAND (fresh out of the Gibson Bros), JEFF EVANS (also fresh out of the Gibson Bros) and Japan's HIGH RISE. Also has a ton of reviews. This one's $4 US, $5 to Canada and $6 US to the rest of the world.

SUPERDOPE #5 -- Another large issue from 1992, this one with interviews with the NIGHT KINGS, THOMAS JEFFERSON SLAVE APARTMENTS and FLY ASHTRAY. Dozens and dozens of reviews and lots of alcohol talk. Times were just like that then. $4 US, $5 to Canada and $6 US to the rest of the world.

#1-#4 are long gone. If you're at all interested, I'll offer creative discounting on multiple issues. You can use my e-mail address of jayhinman@hotmail.com for Paypal, or e-mail me if you want to pay using another method.