Agony Shorthand


Thursday, November 18, 2004
PERFECT SOUND FOREVER REDESIGN....I hadn't clicked over to Perfect Sound Forever in a month or more, but did so today to find that longtime editor Jason Gross has turned the reigns over to a guy named Chris Ott, and that the thing's been radically redesigned (not necessarily for the worse). New domain name as well -- change your links to www.perfectsoundforever.com. It looks like it'll be updated more frequently, in sort of the same running fashion as Blastitude, and retain the focus on the obscure and under-championed in all corners of music. Jason allowed me to get some writing chops going again a few years back & published pieces I wrote on the FLESH EATERS, SIMPLY SAUCER, GUN CLUB, and recently, MISSION OF BURMA. Until I created this site, those pieces were the only things I'd written about music post-1998, and PSF didn't edit, tinker or toy with them one jot or iota, which I really appreciated. I've learned a ton from the site & highly recommend it in both its old and new incarnations. Jason's going to continue to contribute, which is great, & it looks like PSF will be an online player for some years to come.